Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Urdhva Dhanurasana - Upward Bow or Wheel Pose

Another challenging pose for me is Wheel pose! I can spend all day in Bridge Pose and feel wonderful, but I'm lacking the upper body strength to rise up in Wheel (for now!!) I am determined to get into this pose and have been able to at least get up onto the top of my head! Now just a little more practice and I can get up fully in the air!

Urdhva Dhanurasana is great for strengthening the arms, wrists, legs, bum, abs and more. It's an all over workout in one Pose! It's also great for increasing energy, stimulating the thyroid and alleviating back pain!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah right - if I choose to kill myself painfully I'll give that a try :)! Seriously, I've always envied people that could do this pose, not something I've ever been able to do.

    ReplyDelete