Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goofy's Challenge

I can totally understand why it's called the Goofy Challenge, but I am joing the crowd of Goofys and registering.

The Goofy Challenge takes place at Walt Disney World during their Marathon Weekend in Janurary. The Goofy Challenge consists of running a Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Saturday and following it up with a Full Marathon (26.2) miles on Sunday. Yes, you read correctly, that is 39.3 miles in two days!!

What makes me even goofier, is that I have yet to actually complete my first FULL Marathon, and I'm signing up for this! I've been reading a lot of blogs and training posts on the event and how to successfully complete it:

*1 - just focus on completing it!
*2 - don't worry about setting/breaking PRs just take it slow and steady
*3 - include in your training a few back to back long distances to get your body used to that kind of mileage
*4 - HAVE FUN!!

2 comments:

  1. It's Goofy alright, but Audacious as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard the Goofy Train....WARNING - it can be addicting :)!

    Check out my blog for links to all the Jeff Galloway training plans out on runDisney.com.

    I think you have the four most important points listed and I know you're going to love the challenge and the feeling when you finish it!!!

    No worries about not doing a full marathon first...I wanted Disney to be my first full and why not do it with the Goofy right? Just make sure you train hard and get used to the distance as that's going to make a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete