Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gonna Make You Sweat: Bikram Yoga

I did my first Bikram Hot Yoga class yesterday and it was AWESOME! I was really nervous about being in a room that was heated to over a 100 degrees, not to mention then doing movement that also generated heat. I managed to do every pose and stay moving during the 90 minute class. Okay, okay, so I didn't hold some of the poses very long, but I still managed to get into every single one!

Bikram Yoga was founded in the early 70s by Bikram Choudhury. It consists of two sets of 26 poses and some breathing exercises that are performed in a room heated to 105 degrees and with 40% humidity. The heated room allows the muscles to relax more letting you stretch deeper into the poses. Not only that, but the heat allows you to sweat out impurities and toxins.

It was the most amazing feeling, and if you get the chance take a Bikram Hot Yoga class soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment